Woollahra Fee Schedule
Fees and charges levied by residential aged care services, such as Montefiore, are regulated by the Commonwealth Government and can vary depending on a number of factors, such as whether you are a pensioner or non-pensioner and your level of assets.
In general, the cost of residency is a combination of a Daily Care Fee, relating to your ongoing care, and a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), relating to the type of room you choose.
The total cost of care and accommodation at Woollahra ranges from $153.28 per day for a Standard Room up to
$223.80 per day for a Suite. This includes all meals, laundry, cleaning, and access to our comprehensive activity program and, of course, all the nursing care you may require.
REFUNDABLE ACCOMMODATION DEPOSITS (RAD)
Residents with sufficient assets are eligible to lodge a Refundable Accommodation Deposit with the Home.
The payment of a Refundable Accommodation Deposit is a secure and attractive method of funding residency at the Home. The Commonwealth Government guarantees the refund of the RAD upon departure.
The payment of a Refundable Accommodation Deposit reduces the amount you need to pay as a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP).
Each room has an applicable Refundable Accommodation Deposit value; (the full RAD) however, the maximum lump sum amount that the Home prefers upon entry is $300,000. The Full RAD’s are as follows - Standard Room $650,000, Deluxe $850,000, Suite $1,100,000.
An example of how daily rates by room type are reduced by the payment of a $300,000 RAD appears below:
||RAD PAYABLE AS A LUMP SUM
||DAILY RATE FOLLOWING PAYMENT OF $300,000 RAD
||DAILY AMOUNT PAYABLE IF NO RAD IS LODGED
Montefiore is committed to providing quality care and accommodation to all the community, including the financially disadvantaged. Our Admissions Review Committee, in conjunction with the Foundation, will consider all applications from a resident or their family who may be eligible for this assistance.
OTHER FEES & CHARGES
- Extra Services or Additional Services – Montefiore Home Woollahra is designated as an Additional Service facility. Residents at Montefiore Woollahra are entitled to a higher standard of service and accommodation. The Extra/Additional Service Fee is $55.90 per day.
- Means Tested Fee – If you receive income from sources other than the aged pension, and/or own assets, you may be eligible to pay a Means Tested Fee. This is an additional Government fee and could be a maximum of $240.00 per day. To obtain an estimate of this fee, Residents are advised to use the Residential Care Fee Estimator available on the myagedcare website https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/estimate-fees-for-aged-care-services, or seek their own financial advice regarding this fee.
Our friendly, family-style Woollahra Manor offers individual, low-care accommodation for 50 discerning seniors seeking security and support in an exclusive ‘boutique hotel’ style environment.
Combining gracious Victorian-style heritage architecture, with elegantly appointed rooms and modern facilities, Woollahra Manor Residents enjoy the highest standard of care, tranquillity and a quality lifestyle, with the convenience of easy access to shops (including Bondi Junction) and transport.
Quality of life and peace of mind are a priority, and Residents enjoy:
- graciously appointed 5 star accommodation for singles and couples
- gourmet meals
- varied and coordinated calendar of social events and activities, excursions and entertainment
- full cleaning & laundry service
- 24 hour emergency staff assistance
Should future care needs require higher levels of nursing and professional services, Woollahra Manor Residents will be given priority admission to any of the Montefiore’s specialised nursing facilities.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
WOOLLAHRA MANOR FACILITIES CREATE A FRIENDLY AND HOMELY ATMOSPHERE
The Home has a dedicated activity room— the Sir Paul Strasser Activity Centre—as well as a well stocked library, a therapeutic bath and spa and an exercise area where daily exercise classes are held. Residents have the choice of several lounges and common areas, some overlooking the gardens. In good weather, Residents may choose to enjoy a meal or afternoon tea outside in the garden or on one of several balconies. Woollahra Manor also has a hairdressing salon and an on-site kiosk.
The above information is intended to be a brief overview only. rates are current at time of printing and subject to change. Please contact our Residential Accommodation Department on 02 8345 9135 to discuss applicable fees and charges in greater detail.